Language school overview
- Officially authorized by the Italian Ministry of Education.
- Accredited by the Italian Ministry of Education as a Training Center for Teachers of Italian as a Second Language.
- Accredited by the University for Foreigners of Siena as an authorized Exam Center for DITALS (the Certificate for Teachers of Italian as a foreign language) and for CILS (Certification in Italian as a Foreign Language).
- Approved by the CSN (Swedish National Agency for higher Education).
- Recognized by the German Federal States for Bildungsurlaub.
- Accredited by E.L.I.T.E., the European Federation, whose principal aim is to apply the European Quality Charter in terms of teaching, orientation on arrival and housing.
- Accredited by the University "Ca' Foscari" of Venice as Teacher Training Center.
- TANDEM INTERNATIONAL.
Language School description
Torre di Babele is located in the elegant, central Art Nouveau neighbourhood of Rome, near La Sapienza University, the historical Villa Torlonia Park and the main railway station Termini, and it is only a few minutes walk from the popular student quarter San Lorenzo, with its pubs, cafes, restaurants, pizzerias and lively nightlife. The Italian school occupies three floors of a gracious Art Nouveau villa. The fully air-conditioned building is surrounded by a spacious garden where Italian Courses may be held outdoors and students can spend their breaks and free time. The Italian school is well known for its high quality Italian course offerings, friendly atmosphere and the careful attention given to each student, both in the classroom and by the administrative staff. All classes are taught in small groups in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Students are offered a wide range of course options from intensive and superintensive group courses to personally tailored individual Italian Courses. All Italian Courses are accompanied by a rich program of cultural activities. The Italian school has developed its own textbooks and teaching materials based on the most current methods of communicative language teaching, and is staffed by a body of highly trained teachers with extensive experience in teaching Italian as a second language.
Torre di Babele also operates as a centre for training and refresher courses for teachers of Italian as a foreign language.
School facilities description
- A student lounge with a number of computers with free Internet access.
- A spacious garden (600 m2) where classes may be held outdoors and students can spend their breaks and free time.
- Participation in the school's cultural program is free of charge: guided tours of Rome; Italian cinema, literature and opera; Italian cooking and Italian wines; evenings in trattorias and pizzerias; excursions during the week-end to Naples, Pompeii, Orvieto, Florence and to the seaside. Students pay only when trips, meals, museum entrance or other paid events are involved.
- Tandem service.
↑Back to top
Language Course type
Au pair program|
Courses for Academic purposes
Courses for Business/Executives
Courses for Specific purposes
Courses Plus (sport, culture etc.)
Examination preparation courses
General and Intensive courses
| || High school preparation courses|
Language immersion at teacher's home
One to one courses
Summer or camp programs
Teacher training programs
University Foundation/Access courses
Vacation courses for adults
Vacation courses for young learners
Work experience programs
Language courses description and prices
Several types of Italian courses are offered at our Italian language school in Rome. Italian language courses vary in the number of hours per week and whether they are in group and/or individual lessons.
Our group courses begin every two weeks and have an average of 7 to 8 persons and a maximum of 12. Lessons are held mornings and afternoons from Monday through Friday. Non beginners can start every Monday. Each type of Italian course is offered at all levels, from absolute beginner to the most advanced and skills-perfection levels. The structure and the contents of the levels offered are based on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (C.E.F.) from A1 to C2. Before the beginning of the course, each student is given an oral and a written test to determine his/her knowledge of the Italian language in order to be placed in the appropriate level.
- Intensive Italian language courses
20 lessons / week.
- Intensive Course "Espresso"
15 lessons/week, group course, max. 4 weeks
- Intensive-Plus Italian language courses
20 lessons/ week + 5 hours in mini-group (max 3 participants).
- Middle Term Intensive Standard Courses
20 lessons/ week, group course, min. 6 Weeks
- Long-Term Intensive Italian language courses
20 lessons / week; min. 12 weeks - Special Offer!
- Superintensive «A» Italian language courses
20 lessons / week + 5 individual lessons
- Superintensive «B» Italian language courses
20 lessons / week + 10 individual lessons
- Preparatory Courses for C.I.L.S exam.
- Non intensive Italian language courses.
- Individual Italian language courses.
- Senior Class 50 + program
20 lessons/week, group course, with specific Italian culture program
- Italian & Design: Design Speaks Italian
Intensive 3 week Italian course for design lovers.
- Italian Cooking Courses.
- Refresher program for teachers of Italian abroad.
Certificates & exams preparation
Student nationalities, average age & average number per class
Participants come from different nationalities which enriches the learning experience by sharing original ideas from each student's background.
Sample of our cultural programme can be found here
Be the first to share your experience!